Contributors

Saturday 15 June 2013

American Golden Plover Friday 14th June.

On Tuesday 11th June pm Matt Eade found an American Golden Plover at the Cuckmere estuary, I was suffering from a bad back and couldn't face the journey, still showing on the Wednesday but still couldn't face it. Thursday had to catch up with work, Friday still had to work but by lunchtime I had had enough and the Plover was still there so 1 more job early afternoon and set off to see it. Arriving at 5.00pm a quick walk along the riverbank passing a couple of birders saying its showing well and you won't need your scope was encouraging.





I believe this is the 3rd ever in Sussex, the last being 1988 at Pagham, and my second the first being in Norfolk October 2010 but that was at great distance amoung 2000 Golden Plover. Another contender for Bird of the Year.

So glad I went on Friday as sure enough it did the Friday night flit and no reports on the Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment