Contributors

Sunday 5 January 2014

Sunday 5th January 2014 Dungeness

A morning visit to Dungeness in search of the Humes Leaf Warbler in the dessert trapping area proved fruitless as my wellies leaked and prevented me wading through the floods. So I spent some time on the beach looking amoungst the gulls for a Caspian Gull which didn't happen. But on the sea were plenty of auks incl. 1 Razorbill. 

On the reserve one of 4 Great White Egrets was at the southern end of the ARC

On new Diggings I found one of the Black-throated divers, and a couple of red-head Smew. On Burrows a couple more RH Smew, a Black-necked grebe and a couple of RH Gooseanders
Red-head Gooseander
At the entrance a couple of dozen Tree Sparrows were around the feeders. On Walland Marsh I couldn't find the Bewicks
Tree Sparrows

No comments:

Post a Comment