Contributors

Friday 23 October 2009

This week to 23rd October

I have been unable due to work to get out, except when the weather has been bad. On Wednesday we had heavy rain throughout the day but at lunchtime I took Frank to the rec. and saw a couple of Jays in the oak trees and by the play area I disturbed a Sparrowhawk in the conifers preparing his lunch of Collared Dove in fact I was only 2 metres away and got fantastic views, I only wish I had my camera with me. Later in the day a walk with Frank around the Country Park I heard and saw a Raven croaking over the radar and along the western path of Warren Glen I came accross my first Firecrest at last, but still no Ring Ouzels.
Friday morning in garden there were a couple of Chiff Chaffs in next doors beech tree. A walk again on Friday late in the afternoon produced of note only Stonechats I think everyone has got their heads down as high winds and heavy rain is forcast for the evening and the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment