Contributors

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Monday 25th March - Migrants

Not having been out for a couple of weeks due to work and the weather, withdrawal symptons set me off to Dungeness in search of anything new for the year. Stopping off at Pett Level 300+ Brents a few Bar-tailed Godwits were the only thing of interest, a 90 second sea watch as my eyes were watering in the raw north easterly wind found one Great Crested Grebe. Fingers aching set off to Dunge.

On arrival the "Bloggers" were around the old Lighthouse Plodding and Plovers looking at a stunning male Black Redstart.

 Trying to get nearer for a better pic it went to the Old lighthouse garden
 then disappeared. A wander around I caught sight of a white rump and tracked down my first Wheatear of the year.


After losing both I set off for the ARC which was quiet other than the usual ducks and 2 male Goldeneye bobbing on the rough water. It looked like the sun was coming out so went back to the lighthouse to see if I could get any better pics of the B Redstarts. 2 were around but wouldn't stay still but it was nice to see through the scope.

The best I could get.

Then the phone went with Bird Guides text of Kentish Plover at Rye Hbr, so the seed dump at Tickners Lane was given a miss and off to Rye. On arrival Chris Bentley kindly picked me up in his truck and took me to back to Lime Kiln Cottage where good but distant views were had of one then two Kentish Plovers.
It wasn't long before the "Bloggers" arrived followed by the local names - so I left!

A good on the spur of moment session with a twitch on the door step.

No comments:

Post a Comment