Contributors

Saturday 20 April 2013

Saturday 20th April Old Lodge in a rush

A fantastic sunny morning walking the dogs but nothing special to report other than a Jay making a sound I hadn't heard before. Needing a new strimmer I went Heathfield to a boys toy shop where every kind of mower, cutter, and shredder, tractor and implements were on sale. 15 minutes further on was Old lodge so I allowed myself an hour and a half to find a Redstart. In the car park a car I recognised and 20 metres away was Christine H. We both set off for our first of the year and despite a good look no luck. We met a birder who had seen a male and sent us in the direction back to the car park. It wasn't long  before we found it in along the fence line where we have seen them in previous years.




 We also had a probable pair of Woodlarks, and later Christine found a parachuting Tree Pipit after I had left. - Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment