Contributors

Friday 16 October 2015

A first for me on Pett Level Thurs. 15th October

The normal early morning dog walk along the Royal Military Canal and then along the beach to the pools and back to Toot Rock. As in recent days good numbers of Goldfinches and Meadow Pipits, a few Siskins around but no Crossbills today. Frank decided to take himself back up the beach most unusual as he always heads for the waters edge and starts barking which leads me to see what he has found.
 At first the pup seal laid lifeless so I phoned the RSPCA Wildlife and after several press buttons and agreeing to be sent info etc. I finally spoke to someone who wasn't interested in the slightest and cut me off. Fortunately the tide was incoming and the seal started to move down the beach.
 After about 10 minutes it reached the sand, another 15 mins and the tide would reach him so I left alone.
 Thankfully no sign this morning. Over the past couple of months a couple of adults have been present and locally known as Dennis and Sammy. But in the last 10 years of walking this beach it is the first time I haver ever seen a pup. (Photos taken on my cheapie phone)

No comments:

Post a Comment