Contributors

Sunday 18 October 2015

Ouzeltastic at last sunday 18th October

This morning it was dull and misty after some overnight rain, after walking the dogs and seeing up to 2000 goldfinches moving east I thought it might be good for migrants at Dungeness. After breakfast etc. I arrived at the point, a walk around the lighthouse garden found a few Chiffies and a Goldcrest so I headed over to the observatory where a load more Chiffies were flitting around. I was called over to be told that a couple of Ouzels had been trapped and about to be released. After being processed I was offered the chance to take some photos so I did.
Juvenile/female

Juvenile/female

Juvenile Male

Juvenile Male
 A walk out into the dessert and onto the trapping area I found 5 Ouzels on one bush,
5 Ring Ouzels
 Despite creeping closer they gradually disappeared and then there were 3
3 Ring Ouzels
 And then there was only 1 left.
I continued around the trapping area seeing another single and then a pair, but don't know if they were what I had already seen or new birds dropping in. A great 2 hours well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment