Contributors

Thursday 16 February 2012

Thursday 16th Feb. An Afternoon into West Sussx and I wish I was taller.

Took a trip to Upper Beeding in search of the Bean Geese, fortunately Paul James was there and showed me the way as they had just flown from their prevoiusly reported position. Viewing was difficult with high hedges but manged to find a hole to look through. 4 quite distant with Canadas and Greylags.





From here I went onto Telscombe Cliffs to find the Water Pipit, one was feeding around the gunge coming out of the water treatment works, I just couldn't get high enough to safely hold the camera over the compound wall so watched the very obliging Rock Pipit feeding on the groyne.



There was no sign of the reported Black Redstart, and at Newhaven no sign of the Iceland Gull despite it having been seen earlier in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment